Backing up music files in the HDD AUDIO PLAYER to your computer (for Mac)
It is recommended that you copy music files in the HDD AUDIO PLAYER to your computer as a backup before you bring the HDD AUDIO PLAYER for repair or if you do not have the original music files in your computer.
You need to use the HAP Music Transfer application installed in your computer for the backup. Make sure that the HDD AUDIO PLAYER is turned on.
- Open the context menu of HAP Music Transfer from (the HAP Music Transfer icon) on the Dock of your computer and then select [Explore HAP].
The Finder opens and icon(s) of the available shared folder(s) appear. ([HAP_Internal] appears for the internal hard disk drive and [HAP_External] appears for the external hard disk drive if one is connected.)
- Select [HAP_Internal] (to select the internal hard disk drive) or [HAP_External] (to select the external hard disk drive), and then keep selecting folders until you reach the folder that contains the music files you want to back up.
- Copy the music files from the HDD AUDIO PLAYER to the desired folder in your computer by drag and drop.
- Do not transfer music files while backing up music files in the Finder using HAP Music Transfer.
- Do not transfer music files from your smartphone or tablet while backing up music files in the Finder.
- Set the [Auto Standby] function of the HDD AUDIO PLAYER to [Off] when you make a backup.
- If you want to back up all of the content in the internal or external hard disk drive, copy all of the folders (or files) that are located directly under [HAP_Internal] or [HAP_External] to your computer.